REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON JUDICIAL CONCERNS
Saturday, January 20, 2018
Present: Brian Martin, Gloria Villa Diaz, Cathy Bettoney
Absent: Nora Gonzalez, Rosemary Magrill (excused), Ladd Daniel
Gloria Villa Diaz agreed to serve as Interim Chair for the duration of this meeting. She welcomed Brian Martin as a new member of the committee.
Gloria reviewed for Brian the process of reviewing session and congregational meeting minutes.
- The church sends the minutes, either electronically or via U.S. post, to the committee member assigned to review them.
- The committee member uses the review template to check the minutes for errors, omissions, or items worthy of note.
- The committee member sends the reviewed minutes to Susan Knight Gore of the Historical Commission at http://www.cumberland.org/hfcpc/
- The committee member sends feedback to the contributing church.
- The committee member keeps a record of minutes received for the Committee on Judicial Concerns.
- The committee noted that session minutes do not usually record activities where the church intentionally shares the Gospel with those as yet outside the fellowship. This might be another focus for activities to grow the church.
In view of Nora Gonzalez’s responsibilities as a full-time caregiver for her elderly mother, the committee requests that she be freed from her tasks. The Committee on Judicial Concerns is asking that Pat Terrell be selected to replace her on the committee.
RECOMMENDATION: That Nora Gonzalez be removed from the Committee on Judicial Concerns and that Pat Terrell be elected to fill out her remaining term of two years.
The committee encourages session clerks to send minutes to the following committee members.
Rose Mary Magrill Freeport, Pine Hill, Houston First
203 Pitts Ave.
Marshall, TX 75672
Cathy Bettoney Concord, Daingerfield, Marshall
1149 Ash St.
Clute, TX 77531
Ladd Daniel Shiloh, Elmira Chapel, Austin 1st, Nueva Vida
Houston, TX 77079
Brian Martin Pine Tree, Bertram, Northminster, Mt. Hope
614 Cr 4608
Troup, Tx 75789
Gloria Villa Diaz Round Rock, Shepherd of the Hills, Stone Oak, New Journey
2425 Holly Hall, #B42
Houston, TX 77054
Pat Terrell Antioch, Oak Grove, Jefferson, Progress
5811 Yarbrough Road
Longview, TX 75604