Board of Christian Education
From the "Standing Rules of Trinity Presbytery"
C. Board of Christian Education: The Board of Christian Education shall consist of nine members and has the responsibility to do the following:
- Serve as a liaison between the General Assembly’s Board of Christian Education and the committees on Christian Education in the local congregations, promoting and publicizing the programs of the General Assembly’s board;
- Serve as a resource agency for committees on Christian Education of local congregations concerning such activities as Sunday church school, weekday church school, vacation Bible school, youth and children’s programs and activities, leadership training, church officer training, stewardship education, and all additional systematic study opportunities for children, youth and adults.
- Provide workshops on curriculum materials with critical evaluations of print materials and audio or visual media;
- Aid the General Assembly’s Board of Christian Education in the development of a corps of consultants in Christian Education who will be available for workshops at the presbyterial and congregational levels;
- Plan, promote and implement summer youth camps, youth convocations, events to encourage development and enrichment of worship, marriage enrichment retreats, seminars on the particular problems of singles, special programs for children, and vacation activities for the family which relate to spiritual formation;
- Serve as an advocate for Bethel College within the presbytery;
- Nominate General Assembly Youth Advisory Delegates and alternates to the September session of the Presbytery, ensure that each Youth Advisory Delegate presents a written report at the September meeting of Presbytery;
- Responsible for the training of elders, approved by presbytery, to serve communion in congregations without a pastor in charge.